Ways to contact me:
- For questions and placing a custom order: email@example.com
- Facebook for my regular shop: Handcrafted History
- My etsyshop Handcrafted Histories for pdf patterns on bags, Birgitta caps and more
- https://www.patreon.com/handcraftedhistory for supporting me + getting all the patterns at once.
Before you order clothes:
- Think about what kind of clothes you want, and try to give me as much details as possible (pictures are nice) and also, what you will use them for (reenactment, stage, market fair, winter camping.) This way I can give you a better offer.
What can I offer You?
- All fabrics will be prewashed/shrinked (except silk, velvet etc) before sewing, and I only use high quality fabrics, threads and details. The hand seams are made with historical techniques.
- Instructions for caring and washing your new garment is provided. No chemicals are used during the making, which means a healthy garment.
- Machinemade inside seams and hand stitched hems, details and visible trims.
- All hand stitched garments using historical techniques.
- Pattern constructions are based on viking/medieval finds, but gores/seams may be adjusted due to your measures and to cut costs. Garments based purely on archeological finds upon request.
- Linen shirt, shift, tunic: from 900kr/ 90 E including prewashed 100% linen, machine stitching on inside seams, hand stitching with linen threads on hems.
- Woolen shirt, tunic, kirtle, apron dress: from 2000 kr/200 E including prewashed quality fabric in 100% wool in the colour of your choise, machine stitching on inside seams, hand stitching with linen/woolen threads on hems.
- Full dresses, gowns etc from 2600kr/260 Euro excluding fabric.
- All hand stitched shirt, tunic, kirtle, apron dress: from 2600 kr/ 230 E including prewashed quality fabric in 100% wool, hand stitching with linen/woolen threads (each seam is usually sewn two times with different stitches)
We pick out the best fabrics for your order together; offer included fabrics between 250-300 sek/meter fabric.
A personal fitted pattern that I draft on your body, for you to use as a pattern for your own sewing. Upper body from 70 E + sleeves, total 90 E. Available on markets/events I’m attending, book me in advance if you are interested.
Fitted garments: To sew a fitted garment, I need to be able to try it on you two times (or more depending on the garment). Only available on request if we can arrange a meeting.
- Hoods, liripipe hood, Sköldehamn hood: from 800 kr/ 80 E including material.
- Hand stitched hoods: from 1000 kr/100 E including material.
- Buttoned, dagged, embroidery hoods: from 1400 kr/ 140 E including material.
- Hats: from 450 kr/ 45 E including material and trims.
- Bags in fabric such as pilgrim bags, Martebo bags, pouches, silk purses etc: 400-500 kr/ 40-50 E including material.
- Hand stitched short cloaks or semicircle cloaks: from 1400 kr/ 140 E including material.
- Hand stitched full cloaks or circle cloaks: from 2000 kr/ 200 E including material (for cloaks Handelsgillets medium wool is a good choice)
Most of my tutorials are free, but some are for sale. These are high quality ones that have been tested before selling them (on younger children, sewing newbies + friends and my husband). Full sized patterns, easy step-to-step instructions, lots of pictures, tips and tricks and a list of which materials and tools you need. To order; visit my Etsy shop for downloadable versions.
1500tals väskor (only in Swedish)
Order a gift card (free shipping inside Sweden or free as a pdf. outside Sweden) and give away to a friend! Fancy looking, nicely crafted and with an amount of your choice. The gift card is valid 1 year after the purchase and you will recieve a code as a proof of buying it. Good for ordering clothes, shopping on my facebook shop/second hand items, on markets were I’m with my shop or to order a personal workshop.